Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Introduction

Ethical decisions must be made daily in the interpreting profession. These decisions are often made in a split second, sometimes without realizes you made a decision that impacts the interpreting situation and other peoples' lives.  As I prepared for the NIC exam, I realized that bringing situations to a group, discussing exactly what the ethical dilemma was, the possible solutions as well as the ramifications for those solutions fortified me with a more thorough ability to make sound decision in a moment of pressure. 

This is a place to post, read and discuss real life situations that interpreters are in.  If you have a situation you would like discussed, please email me at ethicalterp at gmail.com.  Take care to remove all identifying factors while keeping the integrity of the situation.  I will take a further step to ensure anonymity of consumers by proofing the situation and posting it myself.  That way no one will know if the situation happened in Seattle, Michigan or Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment